|Fitzgerald Farms White Peaches from Specialty Produce|
Fitzgerald Farms White Peach Crumble
Serves 8 to 10
12 cups (about 12 large) white peaches, pitted and each cut into 10 wedges
1 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of the peaches)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice. Transfer the mixture to a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, and sugars by pulsing on and off 4 to 5 times.
- Drop the butter cubes onto the flour mixture, and pulse the mixture on and off until it begins to come together.
- Break up any large pieces, and sprinkle evenly over the peaches in the prepared pan.
- Bake the crumble for 35 to 45 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the peaches are bubbling. Serve the crumble warm, or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream, or gelato.
I made this one for my friend Alexis and her family--nothing says lovin' like something from the oven! Have a great weekend everyone!