Sunday, June 30, 2013

Arrivederci Roma

 My last day in Italy for a while, I thought I'd get an early start and go to St. Peter's.  Little did I know that everyone else in Italy had decided to do the same thing. I never did get inside, this was the line to get in.
If you know anything about St. Peter's Square, this is the end of the colonnade on the left as you face the basilica, and it snaked through a maze like the lines for E-Tickets at Disneyland.  I was done! 
This was a nice peek, and as close as I got!  I'll be back!

This line was for the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel, which are around the corner to the left---you can't even see the street that it's on there are so many people here.
And just when you think Italy has shown you all its surprises, you come across a beautiful fresco on the outside of a building. 

As I said in my last post, the Italians are the reason to come.  These men reminded me so much of my grandfather and his friends, sitting in the park, reading un giornale and discussing life.  Simple pleasures on a Sunday. 


 Wishing you a buona giornata from Rome.


 







No comments:

Post a Comment