|A game of foosball before the party starts!|
|L to R: Our host, Jim, Roberto, Irene, Luca and Daniela|
|Hanging on every word|
|Dr. C. and I|
|Amazing kitchen staff|
|Roberto with some fans of Kurni 2010|
|Daniela and Irene hard at work in the kitchen|
|Let's open all this wine!|
|Una bella notte|
Daniela's Zucchini Carbonara
One pound strangozzi dry pasta, or buccatini (see note), cooked 3 minutes short of al dente
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 medium zucchini, seeds removed, and finely chopped
salt and pepper
6 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups finely shredded aged Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, and cook the zucchini until the zucchini begins to turn golden, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini from the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- While the zucchini and the pasta cook, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- When the pasta is cooked 3 minutes short of al dente, drain the pasta, and save some of the pasta water and return the pasta to the pan.
- Add the egg mixture to the pasta, stirring to cook the eggs with the hot pasta.
- Add the zucchini and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Serve the pasta garnished with additional cheese. Buon appetito!
Cook's Note: Strangozzi is a thick pasta, similar to buccatini. Any thick pasta will work here.