Sunday, March 25, 2012

On The Road Again

I left San Diego last Saturday in a downpour, and arrived in Indiana to 80 degree weather.  It's been warm and spring has come to the Midwest, with people wearing shorts and flip flops in each place I've been.
On Friday night I drove to Bloomington, IN from Cincinnati to spend the weekend with our son.  Half way through the (normally) 2 1/2 hour trip, the heavens opened up and there was lightning, thunder, and torrential rains.  That was OK, I was in a heavy car, and the traffic was light, but all of a sudden the traffic came to a halt.  As we inched along, I couldn't see what was going on up ahead, as it was obvious, it was way ahead of where I was.  Then it happened..the traffic narrowed to one lane and in the midst of this torrential downpour I'm driving in 4-inches of hail that had fallen...like driving in icy snow, with rain pouring down---


the ruts in this hail had this California girl dreaming of the days in Boston when the plows didn't get out to the streets for days.  A 2 1/2 hour trip took 4 hours, but I'm safe and have spent the weekend with Ryan watching basketball.  My bracket it totally destroyed, but I love March and all the madness. 

 Wishing you a happy Sunday from the Midwest, I'll be back on Monday with some recipes. 

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure! I just got back from Chapel Hill, where the weather was glorious, although a bit of hail one evening, and everything in bloom. I had the experience of watching Kansas wreck the Tar Heels, with my son-in-law, the ultimate fan. Not a happy evening. And that finished off MY bracket as well - I had UNC winning it all. sigh...

    Louise Andres

    ReplyDelete