Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Farm House Cafe


Tonight two friends and I had an amazing dinner at the Farm House Cafe here in San Diego.  If you haven't been, it's really worth the trip; some of us in North County think that anything south of Rte. 52 requires a sherpa and overnight stay!
Beet carpaccio with burrata
  Cream of celery soup with blue cheese whipped cream (pure heaven!)

Chicken Liver Mousse
Steak frites

Trio of pork flat bread (pork jowl, pulled pork and smoked bacon) amazing!

We did eat dessert, but they were devoured before their beauty shots, but don't miss the strawberry dacquoise with goat's milk creme, balsamic vinegar reduction and chiffonade of basil.  I won't be eating for another 3 days after this amazing feast!  Fear not, I will be trying to figure out that dacquoise, and will post it when I think it's ready for prime time.  If you live in San Diego, this restaurant is a must!  On Sundays they serve duck confit, I think that's on my list when I return home from my 3 week trip,until then, Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment