Sunday, September 5, 2010

This is my hometown

I am an East Coast transplant in San Diego; I've lived here over 30 years, and consider it my hometown.  Family,friends and students always ask what it's like to live in San Diego--I often say it's paradise.  Now, don't get me wrong, it's got all its issues like any other large metropolitan area, but it's also a beautiful place to live.  Today, Dr. C and I went to Balboa Park, the site of California Pacific Exposition in 1932


Museum of Man, Balboa Park

Dr. C. and I have a plumeria tree that is about 10 years old; it's bushy, but not tall, so we thought we'd take a look at the Plumeria Society's show in one of the exhibition halls.  Once in the park you are struck by its beauty and the Spanish architecture.  This is one reason we live here, beautiful beaches, gorgeous parks, and the weather; very little humidity, and no searing hot summers here making it almost the perfect climate.  Enjoy some shots of our morning in the park. 
Enormous fan palm

Palm Canyon--when we first moved here, I didn't realize how many varieties of palm trees there are





Plumerias in all varieties; we got some good advice on taking care of our tree, the best advice, "wait a while"!

Botanical gardens


Tropicals in the botanical gardens

Pineapple

who wouldn't want to live here???
Enjoy the last bits of the long weekend, we are soaking it all in, enjoying each moment, I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment