Friday, September 10, 2010

Road Trip!


Dr. C. and I haven't taken a road trip in a very long time; I'm wondering if we've forgotten how to do this!  Tomorrow we leave for Colorado to spend time with a friend and her family. We are making stops in Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon, as well as passing through garden spots like Barstow, Mesquite and Cedar City---I've never been to Colorado except to change planes, so this should be an interesting trip and I'll try and post photos of the scenery and the food along the way.  I've been told there are bison burgers, and elk steaks (or is it the other way around?) in my future, so I'll let you know how that goes!


What does one pack for this week long trip?  More than you need, that's for sure--not sure why, but even though I know I'm not going to a third world country I always pack much more than I should. 



Today I got the snacks for the car: Tate's bake shop chocolate chip cookies, kettle corn (can't resist), Stonewall kitchens crackers (I think there are Asiago, cheddar and beer, and some sugar grahams)and hot chocolate mix, roasted salted Virginia peanuts, mocha hazelnut biscotti from Bread and Cie, and Dirty Kettle potato chips.  I think that will last us til we get to Vegas!  






We are leaving at dawn on Saturday, and I think we'll probably stop on the way for a lumber jack breakfast, and then head Northeast in a cholesterol/carb induced coma towards Utah, ending at Zion sometime in the afternoon. 



I'll update as often as I can on this trip and wish you all a great weekend.    

No comments:

Post a Comment