Thursday, April 18, 2013

On the Street Where I Live


Being welcomed to Rome by Leonardo
I have been in Spello for about 36 hours and already I feel like I'm home. The tiny apartment is cozy, and just right for me.  In two weeks I will move next door to a larger apartment with two bedrooms and a larger living area.  It also has a balcony which I look forward to.  
My front door

The side door and small patio
 Spello is known as the city of flowers, since they have a flower festival every year on the feast of Corpus Domini, this year on the weekend of June 1.  Every home has a display of flowers and I plan to go to the garden center this weekend and find some plants for our apartment.  This is the
passageway from our apartment to the main street.




It was a gorgeous day today, in the mid 70's but there was no one around. 





would love to have a chance to restore an old ruin like this!


Most bars will not sell you a cappucino after 10 a.m.---Enoteca Properzio serves all day long!

Roberto and our friends from Pittsburgh, Mary and Richard



Santa Maria Maggiore--I'm headed home

Every day here is different, different friends to make, and new language to learn.  I'm in my sweet spot, and that is a lot for an introvert to say!  Wishing you a bella notte from Spello.

No comments:

Post a Comment