Monday, April 22, 2013

My Bracelet, Wearing it Proudly


I have been wearing this bracelet since I went to Carlisle, PA in March when my friend Marsha and her husband, son and daughter-in-law came to a class and gave it to me.  My friend Marsha has cancer, and her family walked this weekend in the Angels Among Us Walk in Chapel Hill to help raise money for The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke University where Marsha has been getting treatment.
The bracelet is a reminder to me of a few things:  Family matters. Marsha's family is an amazing group, and they have mobilized into what they call "Mama's Minions". They fund-raised, and walked to help fund new therapies for brain cancer.  If I hadn't already made plans to be in Italy, I would have been in Chapel Hill last weekend.

They all wore these t-shirts on the walk


When I look at this bracelet, I remember the week I spent in France with Marsha and her daughter Julie, and thought how great it was that they would share such a special vacation together and I got to be a part of that. 
I also get to pray for Marsha, and her family....I know that when a family member has cancer, everyone needs support. This bracelet is also my daily reminder of what Marsha said to me when she and Julie told me she would have surgery, live every day. 

So join me in a toast to Marsha and her family; good health, long life, and many more good times ahead.  They sure looked like they had a great day in Chapel Hill. 
Thanks to the Metz family for letting me share their story, I'm blessed to know and cheer for you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment