Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ranch Hand

I'm heading to Rancho La Puerta next weekend to teach at La Cocina Que Canta, their gorgeous cooking school facility, and to stay for the week with my sister-in-law.  I'm so excited to have this opportunity, and to share it with Susan (she's a saint!)

My job was to create two menus that were around 500 to 600 calories; for people who know me, this is not my usual MO----but I know when you take the calories out it has to taste great for me to eat it and after a few long days, I finally came up with menus that I think will make everyone happy, even a 139 calorie chocolate cake that tastes divine!

La Cocina Que Canta has a 6 acre organic garden so you know that I'll be enjoying all that fresh produce with the students, as well.  I'll be blogging while I'm there, and will keep you posted on my progress.  I do know that since Dr. C. and I have been buying our produce from Specialty Produce (organic, seasonal, local, sustainable) that I've lost weight---and it's not from trying.  So I'll be blogging about what's the best strategy (although I think it's all about the calories, and less about fat/sugar, and starch) to lose and keep it off....until then, enjoy your weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment