Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August Beginnings.........

I know I've been gone for a week; I feel kind of like this person, buried under paper and "to do" lists, and my own stuff.

I've not felt like cooking, or eating, or even writing....but I'm coming back, all it took was for me to get the contents of the Specialty Produce Farmer's Market Bag on Tuesday for our class on Friday to get me back into the swing of things.
So what have I been cooking this week?  Well, there was the on-going search for the best Roman Pizza crust recipe

this one was from an award winning bread baker, and it was awful.....I'm sorry, but I tried it twice, neither time did we have a good crust.   I'm not publishing the recipes till I get the right one!

I did make some awesome fried chicken (we do this about once a year) last week, and served it with corn on the cob and a salad.  See that awesome Scanpan skillet---Scanpan is the BEST!

As the week has gone on, I'm realizing that cooking is really therapy for me, and since getting back into the kitchen, and getting away from the paperwork barrage, I'm feeling more like myself again. I'll be back again and I'll have new recipes, and great tips for cooking great meals for your family, until then, buona notte  from San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment