Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Something Fishy---Take 5




I'm trying really hard this year to eat a lot more fish; I'm the one who teaches people how to overcome their fear of fish, but most often when we go out, I eat fish, and hardly ever cook it at home.  Today I made my way to Point Loma Seafoods and it was hard to choose what to have for dinner, but swordfish won out; there is something so rich (and expensive) about swordfish--it's so delicious.  I love this marinade/baste for swordfish and you can use it for salmon as well.  I served this with steamed broccoli dressed with olive oil, and braised potatoes.  Simply delicious!

Swordfish Baste
For 2 pounds of fish

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
the juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoons Worcestershire
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning

  1. Whisk the ingredients together and pour over the fish in a shallow dish. 
  2. Turn the fish in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours. 





Baked Swordfish
Serves 4 to 6

2 pounds Swordfish (marinated above)
2 tablespoons butter

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil, add the butter, reduce the heat, and keep at a simmer.
  3. Place the swordfish into an oven proof baking dish, and bake for 15 minutes, until the fish is opaque throughout. 
  4. Remove from oven, transfer the fish to a cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. 
  5. Cut the fish into serving pieces, and serve spooning some of the marinade over the fish. 




I hope you had a great day, and I'll be back tomorrow with a few thoughts on slow cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment