Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Field Trip

I'm always up for a road trip, especially when shopping for yarn or fabric is involved.  Today a friend and I headed north to Orange County to the Purl Soho Warehouse.  
 

If you don't know about Purl, it is a great store in New York city, specializing in GORGEOUS yarns and fabrics for the knitter, sewer, and crafter.  There is nothing but quality in this store, and the website has a great blog with lots of great ideas for using what they sell.  

My daughters' office was located down the street from Purl's old NYC location, so when I would come into town, we'd take a walk over and of course couldn't leave without buying something!  When I found out their warehouse (read their story on the website, it's awesome) was less than 45 minutes away from my house, the road trip was on!  

Picture me standing here cell phone in hand calling my daughter to ask how many skeins of yarn it will take to make socks for Eric.  The amount of merchandise here, is jaw dropping, and if I didn't say it before, there is nothing but the finest quality. One room has yarn, floss, wool for needlepoint, anything you would need, as well as all the notions, needles, whatever.  The selection was staggering even for someone like me to comprehend.  (Note if shopping were an Olympic sport, I'd be a triple gold medalist!)







Wall to wall fabric doesn't even begin to describe this---Liberty Fabrics (amazing) and imports from Japan, and Europe.  OH MY!
 Felt, Fat Quarters, batting, trims, amazing buttons, great books for inspiration....OMG--no words can describe how much fun this was!

If you go make sure to bring a jacket, it's a warehouse, and it's cold!  The girls working here are fun, and helpful and I wanted to take them home with us, especially baby Julia--10 months old and so sweet!
Purl's Warehouse is open Tuesday through Friday 9 to 2:30 p.m.
They are located at:

15431 Red Hill Ave
Suite D
Tustin, CA 92780
 
Sign up for the Purl Bee blog and you'll see what I'm talking about!  
I'll be back tomorrow with some foodie things; and a Take 5 later this week.  I hope you are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment