Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Culinary Disneyland



Tonight I taught at Draeger's in Danville, a suburb of San Francisco in the East Bay.  If you haven't heard of Draeger's or been there, it's the equivalent of a culinary Disneyland. Beautifully displayed produce, seafood, meats, cheeses, and baked goods, all tempting you, saying "buy me! buy me!"---Fortunately, I get to teach in this spectacular venue with amazing staff, and products that are second to none.  
Here's a peak at what it's like to be me!
The class room all set up and my three assistants, from left to right:  Patience, Rose, and Lisa---they ROCK!
 


And there was wine!

 Caramelized onion and Roquefort Tart---Amazing if I do say so myself!


 This is just the vinegar shelf!

 And, yeah, it's all about the cheese!

 the most dangerous place in the store--the housewares department; Michael Zimmerman is a genius!


 I did a bit of hat shopping for the holidays, too!
I hope you had a great day--I'm teaching at Draeger's in San Mateo tomorrow, and taking the late flight out of SFO  to San Diego--there really is no place like home!

1 comment:

  1. I'm signed up for your next Market Bag Class @ Great News on Nov. 19--can't wait to go! You had some great easy recipes from the last class. I was really hoping I could beg you for some corn recipes either at the class on Nov. 19 or on your website. I love, love, love corn, especially fresh corn and have eaten some incredible foods at restaurants such as sweet corn risotto, corn soup, corn-like fritters--any easy recipes you can share w/ us?

    ReplyDelete