Saturday, August 7, 2010

Large White Rabbits

Dr. C. and I are celebrating our anniversary this weekend, or as we refer to it, 39 years of constant fun. We went to see the play "Harvey" today at a small community theater. If you don't know the story, it's about a man who has an imaginary friend, that is a 6 foot 3 1/2" tall white rabbit named Harvey. Although it's dated, the play still has some great lines in it, and these are two of my favorites.....


Psychiatrist:  We all have to face reality sooner or later.
Elwood P. Dowd:  Doctor, I've wrestled with reality for 40 years and I'm happy to state that I finally won out over it!

Elwood:  My mother used to say to me, "in this world, Elwood, you must be either oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant."  For 40 years I was smart, and I recommend pleasant. 

I'm with Elwood---have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment