Monday, July 25, 2011

Felt Gone Wild

My friend Alexis over at Fern and Feather gave me the idea for this cool felt wall to make for our Granddaughter Poppy's 2nd birthday...click here to see Alexis' finished work of art.  She's much more clever than I, and as I told Dr. C. I can cook myself into oblivion but I've never been an artist, or had any artistic capabilities, but I wanted to make Poppy something rather than buy her something that won't last, and thought this would be a fun way to play make-believe with her, without the aid of electronics. 
So, for the past week, as we've been watching the Padres sink further into the cellar, I've been cutting felt and pasting googly eyes onto the figures for her wall.
Yesterday I made a few of the characters from Yo Gabba Gabba and plan to finish the set this week.  My plan is to mount the green and blue background on foam core, and we will put it beneath a window in her room---I'm hoping to do 4 of them, so we can have them be seasonal, or maybe even do a princess themed one for Christmas.
 

So this is the wall so far, and I'm working towards getting it done by the end of the week---I'll be back later with some food, but for now Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment