Friday, January 21, 2011

The Left-Over Doctor




After testing recipes all week long, I have little bits of leftover dishes that I want to use up. This is where I shine, because I really don't like leftovers, so in order for me to want to eat leftovers they really do have to be delicious. Here's a little sample of how I go about doing this. 

In the fridge I had leftover broccoli and pasta, and a roasted beet salad.  So, I sauteed the broccoli in some olive oil with a shallot and some white wine, added 6 large raw shrimp that I had chopped up, a bit of freshly ground black pepper, and some heavy cream. 





I added the cooked pasta to the skillet, and heated it through. 




 Once it was ready, I served with garnished with Parmigiano (don't tell any Italians---they don't put cheese on seafood) and served it alongside the beet salad. 




It was an awesome combination, and you could definitely add leftover chicken instead of shrimp, and other vegetables--think sugar snap peas, carrots, Swiss chard. 

It's 71 degrees here, and I am looking forward to spending time outside this weekend, and wish you joy wherever you are. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I just pop my leftovers in the microwave and heat- ha ha. But, I do have some broccoli, pasta, cream and white wine - think I could also dig up a shallot if I looked really hard. Sounds yummy. =)

    ReplyDelete