|Prime short ribs from Siesels' meats|
|Rich wine and beef flavored sauce|
|Mushrooms and purple pearl onions|
|Voila! The blue plate special at Chez Phillips|
Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes with Boursin Cheese
8 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
One 5.2 ounce container Boursin cheese
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a 4-quart saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, and boil until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the milk and Boursin, until they are warm. (see note)
- Drain the potatoes, and return them to the pan, and shake over the heat, to dry them out.
- Add some of the Boursin mixture, and mash the potatoes, adding more of the boursin/milk mixture until the potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- Taste for seasoning, and add salt or pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Stay tuned for more side dishes this week; I'm thinking about spinach gnocchi tomorrow with braised chicken and leeks in the slow cooker.