Friday, December 24, 2010

Night Vigil

This morning this post was going to be very different; full of good cheer, a bit of food, maybe a photo or two and some snarky comments.  One phone call changed that; a friend of our daughters' who became one of "our kids" is in the hospital tonight in a coma and not expected to live. 
There really isn't anything I can say here that will make this any better and being 3,000 miles away from our daughter as she is grieving her friend makes it harder. 
What I do know is that Jason knew she loved him; actually Jason knew we all loved him....and I guess my lesson from this is that as I pray for a miracle, for this young, elegant, talented young man to somehow rally, and beat the odds, I know that there aren't any regrets there....making sure that we tell and show our friends and family that we love them, and care for them seems so important and yet, is so simple. Unfortunately, too many times we let things get in the way of telling or showing those we love how much they mean to us.  
As we celebrate Christmas, I'd ask you to pray for Jason, his family and friends who have filled his Facebook page with love and care, knowing that he would have done the same for them.  Wishing you peace on this night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment