Monday, November 29, 2010

Top 5 Things You Can Learn from a 15-Month Old





If you have followed me this week, you know that Dr. C. and I have been babysitting for our Granddaughter Poppy since we left Maui on Saturday. I've been out of the baby business for a very long time;I used to say that I made babies cry....Poppy has taught me a lot this week and I thought that I would share what I've learned with you, since I'm probably not going to get into the kitchen any time soon. 

#5: Toddlers have a language all their own; sounding like a string of consonants, punctuated by "no" every 6th word. 




#4: Poop happens......often.



#3: There is something for every situation when it comes to babies; calming cream, organic diapers, organic wipes, organic fruits and vegetables in NASA-like packaging that they can suck out, age appropriate pop up books (whatever happened to Babar and Curious George?) Classical Baby DVD's and robotic Elmos.





#2: Sesame Street is still entertaining for adults; just check out this video with Ricky Gervaise and Elmo.  





The #1 Thing that I learned from Poppy is how to use an I-PADApple iPad MB292LL/A Tablet (16GB, Wifi)---yes indeed, this little girl can turn it on, find her favorite You Tube videos and ABC games---fortunately, I figured out how to play Fruit Ninja all by myself!  

I'll try and be back tomorrow with a Take-5; the weather has turned cooler here in San Diego, so it might be a good day for a casserole.  

No comments:

Post a Comment