Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Serves 4 to 6
One 9-inch pastry crust (either homemade or store bought---Marie Callender's deep dish are great)
3 large eggs
2/3 cup heavy cream
4 drops Tabasco
2 cup finely shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (Cabot Farms)
1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream, and add the Tabasco.
- Stir in the cheese and broccoli, and transfer the mixture to the pastry crust.
- Bake the quiche for 45 to 50 minutes, until the quiche is set. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 3 to 4
One 10-ounce bag or box of baby spinach
4 strips bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
One small shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Wash the spinach and spin dry in a salad spinner. Place the spinach into a salad bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, add the shallot and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until the shallot is softened.
- Add the sugar and mustard and stir until the sugar is melted.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. (at this point, the dressing can be set aside for up to 2 hours, reheat before serving) Pour the dressing over the spinach, toss and serve.
I'll be back with more ideas for the holidays tomorrow, until then, enjoy your evening.