Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful

As I write this I am looking out at the rain over the mountain in Maui; yep, I'm in paradise and it's raining!  But I am thankful that I am here with Dr. C. and our son, and we get to celebrate Thanksgiving in this beautiful place, and there is college basketball.
This year has been full, with travel and new experiences and Dr. C. retiring from his Oral Surgery practice.  I am so grateful for our family, friends, colleagues, my students, and the cooking schools that have welcomed me in and allowed me to teach their customers.  As we celebrate Thanksgiving, I'm also remembering those that aren't with us this year, and celebrating what they taught us. 
Family holidays can be difficult for some, and this year I'm adopting an attitude of gratitude, that I hope will continue, since the consensus seems to be that having an attitude of gratitude makes you live longer, and I'm all for that!
Wishing you all a happy, healthy Thanksgiving filled with great food, wine, and the love of family and friends.  Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment