Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Awful Food

 
I know that I generally write about great food; either that I'm cooking, or eating, but this week (and it's only Tuesday) there have been so many examples of bad food on the interwebs that I can't sit still, without sounding off about them.

The photo above is the Japanese whopper with 1050 slices of bacon.  Now I love bacon as much as the next person, but this is pretty much ridiculous, and at that many slices you wouldn't even be able to taste the crispiness, or the smokiness, you'd be overwhelmed.

Not to be outdone is Pizza Hut in the middle east, now offers pizza with it's chicken nugget and cheese burger crusts.  OK, am I just getting crotchety in my old age, or does anyone think this is a good idea???  Blech!


 Just this week someone had the brilliant idea to break the Guinness record for Nachos; almost 5000 pounds of nachos---in a trough---seems appropriate.

The Daily Meal did a post on the 15 weirdest foods at baseball parks.  This is the big boomer a 1 pound hot dog from the Texas Rangers park in Arlington, TX---they do things big in Texas.


As much as I love pulled pork, this is disgusting; the pulled pork parfait from Miller field in Milwaukee.  Pulled pork, mashed potatoes, and chives---I'm thankful they at least had a bit of something green in this!

I'll be back later in the week, with some good food to share, until then, eat local, organic, and fresh, PLEASE!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment