Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Signs of Spring



I arrived back in San Diego on Monday and since then I've been too busy to think; we started demo on our third bathroom today, and Friday I'm teaching at Great News.....I finally waded through all the mail--1,234 catalogs and a few bills....does anyone write handwritten notes anymore??

While I was on the East Coast I realized that spring is coming to the DC and Pennsylvania area, and the transformation by Easter will be amazing.  These photos were taken near Rock Creek Park in DC.


The misty green is just starting to come through on the trees...it's been a long and hard winter.

I left DC for Carlisle, PA after seeing my Aunt Ele, who is 94 years old and going strong...I'm so fortunate to have the opportunity to visit with her when I'm on the road.


During the few days that I was in Pennsylvania, I was fascinated by this heron that was wading in the creek behind The Kitchen Shoppe.


Scared him off, but he was back the next day.

My yard is a riot of color compared to these photos, but it needs a bit of TLC before I start snapping photos!  Speaking of riots of color, here's the cover for my next book, due out this fall...I can't wait to get back on the road and teach students the joys of pressure cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment