Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 2 in the Money Pit

I wish I could show you the video of this amazing Toto toilet --- yes, I've been reduced to extolling the virtues of toilets--that's what this renovation has done to me!  This weekend, two toilets were installed, but as you can see in this bathroom, we are still waiting for cabinetry.  And.......drum roll.....
Tile in the master bath!!
It's going together really well---and the boys work hard all day long.  Today, more tile and dry wall skim coats. 
Lest you think I've been slacking, I've been putting together recipes for the classes I will teach when I go on the road in March.  I also have a recipe that I've been wanting to try for a while, and tweaked it up a bit, so that I can take it down to the elves at Specialty Produce tomorrow. 

These cuties taste as delicious as they look!  Salted peanut, peanut butter, chocolate cookies with milk chocolate chips.  The whole, sweet, salty, and chocolate thing, is awesome, and I always feel like cookies don't count in the calorie department.  Got Milk???

Salted Peanut, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Makes 36

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (use a regular peanut butter, not a "natural" peanut butter)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla paste or vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup salted roasted peanuts
1 cup milk chocolate chips, or chopped milk chocolate
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 3 baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking liners.  
  2. In the large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugar, until smooth.  
  3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.  
  4. Add the vanilla, flour, cocoa, soda, powder, salt, peanuts and chips, beating until blended.  using a portion scoop, form 1-inch balls and drop the dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.  
  5. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are firm.  Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 2 minutes, before removing from the cookie sheets to cool completely. 
 There will be more tile work going on tomorrow, and maybe some paint!  I'll be back with updates and a recipe or two throughout the week.  Enjoy your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment