Peanut Butter Brownies
Makes about 16 squares
1 cup unsalted butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
4 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, coat the inside of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is melted. (You can also microwave the butter and chocolate for 2 minutes until the chocolate is melted)
- Stir in the eggs, until combined.
- Add the flour, and stir to blend, until the flour disappears in the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely.
For the Frosting
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups confectioners' sugar
few tablespoons milk or water
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and peanut butter.
- Add the sugar, and beat until a creamy consistency, adding some milk or water to thin if necessary.
- Frost the cooled brownies, cut into squares are serve.
- The brownies will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 1 week.
|Sugar, chocolate, and butter (I microwaved on high for 2 minutes)|
|Frosting! Make sure to lick the bowl😉|
|Dr. C. came in from a motorcycle ride and found a great snack|
As we were eating, I thought how different this self-isolation would have been 30 years ago, with no internet, Amazon, or technology. We'd be re-reading books, we'd be doing puzzles, playing board games, and probably writing the great American novel. Today I think I'll try my hand at making surgical masks--check out Joann fabrics, there is a great tutorial---if I can find some interfacing, I'm in business.
Remember, stay safe and stay home.