Pistachio Lime Bars
Makes about nine 2-inch squares
For the Crust:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and coat the inside of a 9-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is grainy.
- Press the crust into the pan, and bake for 20 minutes.
For the Filling:
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons flour
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup shelled pistachios
confectioner's sugar for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, baking powder, flour and lime juice.
- Pour over the hot crust, and sprinkle the top evenly with pistachios.
- Bake another 20 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cut the bars into squares. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and cool completely. The bars will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.
|Press into the prepared pan|
|Bake for 20 minutes|
|Pistachios from Bronte|
|Sprinkle the pistachios on top of the filling otherwise if they are in the filling they will steam instead of toast|
|20 minutes for the filling and you are done|
|Cut them immediately, otherwise when they are cool you will lift off too much of the filling when you cut them|
|A sprinkle of confectioners' sugar and your are ready|