Sunday, November 1, 2015

Dreams Come True

  

Last year while studying Italian at the local community college, I got an idea.  I wanted to go to the   American Academy in Rome as a visiting scholar in literature to study and write about their sustainable food project.   As I immersed myself into the language each day, I felt confident with my background in cookbooks, and teaching that I might just be able to pull this off. 
On Friday, while still in Rome I got the e-mail that they have accepted me for the month of April.  I am beyond blessed to be able to do this, and to study something that is near and dear to my heart; building community around the table.  So, in April, I'll be heading to Rome with Dr. C. to live and work in this amazing community.  We'll be immersed not only in this vibrant community, but also in Rome, and I for one cannot wait to share this adventure with all of you. 
For now Dr. C. and I are dealing with reentry---what no cappuccino and cornetto for breakfast? We'll get over it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment