Sunday, November 9, 2014

Wheels










Since Dr. C. and I took my car to NYC for our daughter and her family, I have been wondering what kind of car I will get when I get back to the US.  Unfortunately, some of the best cars, aren’t sold in the US, so I’ve been taking photos of the ones that have tickled and intrigued me and I thought I’d share.  
I know that Italy is famous for Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati, which are all out of my price range, and I’m really not interested in any of them, except to appreciate the design and the look. 



The Fiat Cinquecento on the other hand is one of my favorite cars,  but they aren't practical for me, unless I bought the 500L, but it’s style just doesn’t speak to me like this one does!  

 
You could actually pick this one up with one hand!
There are lots of car brands that are sold here, that we never see in the states.  Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, and Opel don’t appear on car lots in the US.  (Some would say that’s just as well)  
 
Alpha Romeo

this is a Nissan Qashqai (what?)

Citreon


This one is called a KA (like in The Jungle Book)

Opel


Other brands that are sold in the US, have different configurations in Europe, and they are kind of fun to see, but we can’t bring them back.   
I had been driving a rented VW Tiguan Diesel while I was here, it was fine, but didn’t really make me swoon.  I suppose when I get back, I’ll probably get the same car I had before, just a newer model, but for now enjoy the slide show.  

Fiat Punto

The ubiquitous Smart

This is a Leon

Fiat Multipla


Fiat Punto

Lancia (I'm convinced that is Italian for junk)

Cinquecento L (4 door)

This is a cute little three wheeler that is used for carting things up and down hills here in Italy

These French cars, made by Deux-chevaux are making a comeback--used on farms in France they have a rather ridiculous look, but can drive on rutted back roads with ease thanks to a suspension built for the rough road.  I would love to drive one of these in San Diego---all those Tesla-loving drivers would be tres envious!


No comments:

Post a Comment