Friday, November 1, 2013

Signs Along the Way


You are never too far from the Golden Arches; my question, with Italian food, who would want to eat this---oh yeah, Americani!

Being straniere, or foreign in Italy brings with it challenges like trying to read the signs, and trying to find your way, with less than stellar directions. These are a few of my favorites from the trip; props to Dr. C. for letting me stop at every one of them!



Speaks for itself

Zone of Armed Vigilance--not sure I want to live here

I love a good sense of humor---in Lucca



Indian restaurant in the middle of nowhere
Autogrill are the Howard Johnson's of Italy, but the food is edible and the cappucino is awesome
Not sure that Robert E. ever fought here, but they do like him
This and the guillotine inside the door made this an inviting place to stop
I love a good wine road--this one in Montefalco
One of my Uncles was named Delfino and there were a lot of references here on the Italian Riviera
Italiani love their calcio, and this was in front of a bar on the Cinque Terre
They also love Elvis

Great place to watch performance art!
Four stories of Italian products
At the lavanderia
I will never look at Brie the same way again
Italian fashion is second to none, why does Levi's have to have a store here?
Road of 1000 lunatics
Great road directions!

Shoemakers' University--since 1341
Welcome home
They admire him here, too

If you see this sign, you know there is a lot of pork goodness going on inside!

no words!

They are addicted, too!
enough said
Good Jesus Road in Spello
One of my favorites!
I am spending the night at the Rome airport, getting up at 3 a.m. for a 6:20 a.m. flight out tomorrow morning.  Italy has been a joy, I've been blessed to be here this long, and share it with friends, and with those who read this blog.  I've got a few more photos to share in the next few days, so stay tuned.  Thanks for stopping by, buona notte from Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment