Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Exploding ice cream and other air travel delights

I probably should have posted this yesterday, but Paris was on my mind yesterday. I fly almost 100,000 miles each year, so I've been through a lot of airline adventures (note the Charlie Trotter meal) On Sunday when I flew from San Diego to Toronto to connect with my flight to Paris; I flew Air Canada for the first time. Service was fine, and before we landed we were served ice cream and fresh cookies---I've never met a cookie I didn't like, so I was ready---when I began to open the Haagen Daazs mini ice cream cup it exploded all over me, the computer and my black airplane clothes. The flight attendant then told me it was becasue of the pressure in the cabin, but it was really because the ice cream had melted when she'd cooked it alongside the cookies-the replacement she gave me was also melted--I may not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but at least I know that much!
I'm off to find a sandwich for lunch on the train, and possibly a fruit tart at the little patisserie next door to the hotel. That's the good news about Paris, there is something good to eat on every corner. Bon jours from Paris, next stop La Combe en Perigord.

No comments:

Post a Comment